History

About The Brinsmead | The Brinsmead History | The Brinsmead Painting

The Brinsmead Piano Factory has long been an integral part of Kentish Town. Founded by John Brinsmead, his career reflects many of the Victorian era’s qualities – as does the building he made famous. A self-made man, Brinsmead rose to be one of Britain’s most prosperous piano makers committed to quality. When his sons joined the family business twenty five years later, they proudly became ‘Pianoforte Makers to HRH the Prince of Wales’.

Unfortunately, while the brand name lived on, John Brinsmead’s business did not survive the war. Luckily, the west wing of the building did – leaving a legacy for today’s development. In 1967, a new resident moved in. Delbanco Meyer & Company Ltd was formed in 1936 and became the largest bristle merchants in the world. Building on this success, the company has since expanded into the household textiles market and is a trusted supplier to leading retailers.


The Brinsmead BrochureDownload PDF